Monday, November 14, 2011

USANA Success Story: Single mother now making a difference in other people's lives

Susan Waitley never does anything halfheartedly. So when her good friends and fellow USANA Associates Dan and Nanc Christy convinced her to take up golf this year, she dove in with her usual enthusiasm. “Like anything in life, I know the more practice I get, the better I will be. So when I’m at the driving range, I don’t just hit just one bucket of balls, I hit three buckets. I absolutely love it!”

That same determination to succeed has helped Susan build a thriving USANA business and achieve the life she always dreamed about. She is, above all, grateful for the time freedom she has to spend with her family, especially her four young grandchildren. “It is so much fun to watch them grow and develop and experience new things,” she says. Susan also cheers on her daughters as they achieve their own goals with USANA. “It’s a pleasure to watch Kim, Lisa, and my daughter of the heart, Graciela, grow their USANA businesses,” she says. “I can’t wait for them to pass me up.”

Susan also finds great pleasure in the wonderful friendships she has made through USANA, including longtime friends like the Christys, as well as the new people she meets every year. “USANA is amazing. It continues to bring special people into my life. I met several people this year who are more than just business connections, they turned into marvelous friends,” she explains.

When not spending time with family or friends, Susan pursues many personal interests, one of which is real estate. “I really enjoy taking a home, whether it’s new or old, and developing it into something that is functional and aesthetically pleasing,” she explains. “USANA makes it possible to experience the passion of real estate without having to be an on-call realtor. The idea of holding open houses on weekends and filling out tons of paperwork doesn’t excite me. I just like the fun parts: find them, build them, fix them, and flip them!”

Another passion of Susan’s is physical fitness. She weight trains regularly and meets three days a week with her personal Pilates coach. “I love keeping myself healthy,” she smiles. “When you keep your mind and body active, they will serve you better.”

The excitement Susan feels for real estate and physical fitness is rivaled only by her enthusiasm for traveling, which she does several times a year. Her vacations often revolve around some of her favorite activities, including scuba diving, skiing, and now, golf. She and her partner, Lee, have at least two big trips planned for the coming year. “We are excited for USANA’s Fortune 25 trip to Switzerland,” she says. “We’re also planning to tour Italy in the spring, including the most romantic place in the world—Venice.”

While Susan looks forward to another year of family, friends, and great adventure, she also takes the time to look back on where she has been. “Sometimes things cross your path, and you choose to pay attention to them or let them slide by,” she says. “I’m eternally grateful that when USANA crossed my path I paid attention.”

No comments:

Post a Comment